C’mon, admit it, there’s a whole list of things you promised yourself you’d do at home over the last 12 months – until life got in the way, that is. From wardrobe clear-outs to room refreshes, make 2018 the year you finally get to create your dream home. We bet some of these things are on your lists…
1. The wardrobe detox. You’ve been meaning to streamline the contents of your wardrobe and drawers for ages. It’s definitely going to happen in the next few weeks – because nobody needs 14 pairs of jeans.
2. Sorting out the cupboard under the stairs. There’s no better time to tackle this dumping ground than the New Year. Who knows what’s lurking in there…
3. Repainting the hall. Always at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to decorating, 2018 is going to be the year you make an entrance with style. First impressions count, after all.
4. On that note, repainting the exterior of your home. Your poor facade hasn’t had a lick of fresh paint in, well, ever.
5. Printing and framing your favourite family photos. You’re finally going to get your digital snaps in physical form, and frame them pride of place in your living room/bedroom.
6. Kitchen cupboard refresh. While you’re not in the market for an entirely new kitchen, you’ve been promising to give the heart of your home a new look by replacing/revamping the door fronts and handles.
7. Re-fluff your cushions. No time like the New Year to fix deflated cushions and bring life back to your comfy sofa.
8. Upholstering your worn out armchairs. You’ve got the fabric (you’ve had it for at least a year), so time to smarten up those tattered armchairs. Patchy velvet armrests really aren’t a good look.
9. Sorting out the flaking paint on your front door. You meant to do this before Christmas, but mince pies don't make themselves!
10. Chronologically organising your magazine stash. You random shelf system has been bugging you for far too long.
Inspired to start sprucing up your home? Get started with our helpful How To videos, which show you how to paint woodwork, walls, and even how to pick your scheme. Find them all on our Youtube channel.
If you enjoyed this, check out 15 Reasons You're Happy to Hibernate This Winter.