- In the middle of a painting project and want to keep your brushes fresh overnight? In this case, there’s no need to give them a thorough clean. Simply wrap the head of your paintbrushes and roller in cling film or secure in an airtight plastic bag. Seal around the handle with masking tape and store in a dry place for up to two days.
- Once you’ve finished painting, it’s now time to give your brushes and rollers a proper clean. First, scrape off as much paint as you can.
- If you’ve been using water-based paint, simply soak your brush or roller in warm water for about 2 hours. Dry with a clean cloth and store in a dry place for future use.
- Using solvent-based paints? Pour a small amount of solvent-based cleaner (this can be found at your local hardware store) into a small jar or container and work the brush against the sides to get the cleaner into the base of the bristles. Soak for about 2 hours, dry with a clean cloth and store in a dry place for future use.
- You shouldn’t pour solvents down the sink, so after you’ve finished cleaning your brushes, pop a lid on your jar or container and leave for 24 hours. Once the paint has sunk to the bottom, you can tip the remaining solvent cleaner into the bottle for future use. Leave the paint to fully dry in the jar before disposing in the bin. Try to use as small a jar or container as possible to keep the solvent use to a minimum – the planet will thank you!
Planet Possible is the brighter future we can all help create – simply by making smarter choices. Discover how we can all make a difference today.
In order to contact you with personalised commercial messages, we will create profiles and analyse your interactions with us. For this purpose, we will look at your personal data such as:
your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address and physical address;
your shopping history, both online (if you link your purchases to your profile) and offline (when making an offline purchase); and
the links you click in our e-mails.
This way, we learn about your interests and can ensure that we provide you with the information and promotions that are of the most interest to you. We may also ask you for your opinion about our products and services.
If you don’t want to receive any more messages or if you want to opt-out of a particular form of communication with us (for example SMS, E-mail or regular mail), just follow the steps in that specific communication.
For further information, please read our full Privacy Statement.