Good to see you!
Otherwise login by email.
Welcome to Dulux
Otherwise login by email.
Terms & Conditions
Successfully registered, please login
Forgotten your password?
Please enter email address associated to your account
Password changed successfully.
For more tailored inspiration, please fill in the 3 questions below.
We will send you colorful news every now and then
Dulux Promise Terms and Conditions
We promise our paint will give you the perfect colour with a uniform finish and the coverage stated, or we’ll replace it.
1. These Dulux Promise Terms and Conditions (these "T&Cs") outline the terms and conditions according to which you may avail of the Dulux Promise guarantee (the "Promise") provided by Dulux Paints Ireland Limited (company number 120827) of Shandon Works, Commons Road, Cork, T23 ET21 ("AkzoNobel", "our" and "we").
2. The Promise entitles you, as an Eligible Participant, who has purchased any of the following Dulux products:
2.1 Vinyl Matt or Vinyl Soft Sheen;
2.2 Easycare Washable Matt, Kitchens, Kids or Bathrooms;
2.3 MODA by Dulux;
2.4 Dulux Weathershield;
2.5 Dulux Trade: Vinyl Matt, Vinyl Soft Sheen, Diamond Matt, Diamond Satinwood or Diamond Eggshell (500ml and larger packs only); or
2.6 any Dulux or Dulux Trade product with the Dulux Promise logo on-pack
(in each case the "Selected Product") in the Republic of Ireland and who can demonstrate to our satisfaction that the Selected Product has not delivered the perfect colour, a uniform finish or the coverage stated on the pack, to a voucher for a product we recommend to replace the Selected Product.
3. The Promise is available to private individuals and sole traders aged 16 and above that are resident in the Republic of Ireland and to all partnerships and companies with their registered office address in the Republic of Ireland (each an “Eligible Participant”). The Promise is not available to employees of the AkzoNobel group of companies, their agents, wholesalers, resellers or retailers. Resellers and retailers may not submit claims on behalf of their customers.
4. The Promise entitles you to a voucher to replace the Selected Product with the product we recommend replacing it with (the "Replacement Product") only and excludes any claim for labour or other costs in respect of the Selected Product or Replacement Product.
5. Claims can only be made by the Eligible Participant that purchased the Selected Product.
6. The Selected Product must have been applied on properly prepared surfaces and in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions (including on-pack, datasheet and colour label instructions).
7. Claims must be submitted by contacting the AkzoNobel Customer Advice centre via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Dulux Paints Ireland, Unit J South City Business Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24YK25, no later than 6 months after the purchase of the Selected Product. You will be required to:
7.1 Provide a clear copy of your itemised receipt or invoice showing the details of the Selected Product that you have purchased, the date of the purchase and the price paid for the Selected Product;
7.2 Provide a description of the issue with the colour, the finish or the coverage of the Selected Product;
7.3 Provide the eircode of the address at which the Selected Product has been applied;
7.4 Provide a photo of the wall(s) painted with the Selected Product; and
7.5 Provide the batch number that is printed on the can of the Selected Product.
8. Provided that the Selected Product has been applied on properly prepared surfaces and in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions (including on-pack, datasheet and colour label instructions), the claim will be deemed valid if the description of the issue and the photo provided demonstrate that the Selected Product has not delivered the perfect colour, a uniform finish or the coverage stated on the pack.
9. We may send a representative to assess the painted area in question, to verify that the claim is based on a legitimate purchase of a Selected Product and/or to ensure that the Selected Product and its application meet the conditions set out in these T&Cs required for the Promise to apply.
10. If your claim is deemed to be valid, a voucher for the Replacement Product will be sent to you by post within 28 days. You can redeem your voucher for the Replacement Product at any participating store before the voucher expiration date. Replacement Products are subject to availability. Full voucher terms and conditions apply, see voucher for details. Participating stores include: Woodie’s, B&Q, Homebase, Dulux Decorator Centres, Pat McDonnell’s and most independent paint retailers (please note list is correct at time of publishing but remains subject to change).
11. The voucher is valid solely for the Replacement Product.
12. For a claim related to a colour not being perfect, the Replacement Product cannot be in the same colour as the Selected Product which is the subject of the claim, and the Promise will not apply to the Replacement Product. Replacement Products for a claim relating to colour are limited to 10L per claim and per Eligible Participant claiming.
13. For claims related to paint mixed instore, the Promise will apply only to Selected Products that have been mixed into a genuine Dulux colour mixing base (Light, Medium or Extra Deep).
14. Where the Selected Product is white paint, the Promise applies to the colour, coverage and finish of the white paint only. If the Selected Product is white paint which has been mixed to a colour instore, the Promise shall not apply.
15. We reserve the right to reject a claim if we have reason to believe that it is fraudulent or that there has been a violation of any of these T&Cs.
16. We accept no responsibility for claims that are incomplete, illegible, damaged or lost. Proof of submission of a claim is not proof of receipt.
17. It is not necessary for Eligible Participants to return the unsatisfactory Selected Product (unless we specifically request it, in which case we shall arrange and pay for carriage). Returns will not be accepted. Disposal of any product is the responsibility of the customer.
18. No third party or joint submissions will be accepted.
19. The Promise is not available where the Selected Product has not delivered the perfect colour, a uniform finish or the coverage stated on the pack due to reasons outside of our control (for example an issue with the substrate) or where the Selected Product was applied on surfaces which were not properly prepared or applied otherwise than in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions.
20. Claims not made in accordance with these T&Cs will be deemed invalid. If a claim is refused because the terms of the Promise have not been met, AkzoNobel’s decision is final.
21. If any provision of these T&Cs is found by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed not to be part of the T&Cs and it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of the provisions of these T&Cs.
22. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the Promise without notice. All claims made in accordance with these T&Cs and made prior to the Promise being withdrawn, amended or terminated will still be honoured.
23. The voucher has no cash value, is not transferable or assignable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. No cash or alternative to the voucher will be provided.
24. Without prejudice to clause 25, AkzoNobel shall not be liable for any:
24.1 Loss of profit;
24.2 Loss of use;
24.3 Loss of goodwill and/or reputation;
24.4 Loss of revenue;
24.5 Loss of business;
24.6 Loss of anticipated contracts and/or savings;
24.7 Loss of opportunity; or
24.8 Any indirect or consequential loss, damage or costs incurred by you or any other customer or other affected party, in connection with the Selected Product, the Replacement Product or this Promise, or the cost of any labour for the application of the Selected Product or the Replacement Product.
25. AkzoNobel's total liability to you, whether under these T&Cs, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall be limited to the amount of the monies actually paid by you for the Selected Product.
26. These T&Cs do not exclude or restrict liability for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or through trade, custom or course of dealing are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these T&Cs.
28. The Promise does not affect your statutory rights.
30. Please retain these T&Cs for future reference.
31. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of Ireland and you and AkzoNobel shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
32. AkzoNobel, the AkzoNobel logo, Dulux, the Flourish logo, Let's Colour, distinctive colour names and liveries are trademarks of the AkzoNobel group ©AkzoNobel 2020.
Email address for all Promise related correspondence is: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Current Promotional Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale - Dulux.ie
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of goods to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these Terms if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 12. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. There Terms were most recently updated on 22nd April 2020.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language. Please note, unfortunately we cannot deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or to addresses outside the Republic of Ireland.
1. Information about us
We are Dulux Paints Ireland Ltd, a company registered in Ireland under company number 120827 and with our registered office at Commons Road, Cork, Ireland, T23 ET21 (us, our or we). We operate the website www.dulux.ie (this/our site). To contact us, please see our Contact Us page Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use of the site
3. How we use your personal information
4. If you are a consumer (this clause only applies if you are a consumer)
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Information about your legal rights is available from The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission or the Citizens Information Office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
5. If you are a business customer (this clause only applies if you are a business)
5.1 You confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
6. Purchasing Products
6.1 After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order detailing the Products ordered and giving an estimated date for delivery. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted.
6.2 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). Notwithstanding any orders submitted by you or any payment made by you to us, the Contract between us and you will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
6.3 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 10.5, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
6.4 We reserve the right to cancel any orders which do not comply with these Terms or any other promotional offer terms and conditions at any time in the sale process.
6.5 Please note, as outlined above, unfortunately we cannot deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or to addresses outside the Republic of Ireland. Please see your dispatch confirmation for estimated delivery date.
6.6 We commit to delivery of testers to you in 7 working days.
7.1 The images of the Products on the website are for illustrative purposes only.
7.2 We have made every effort to display the colours of the Products as accurately as electronic media will allow. However, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match of the on-screen colour to the colours of the actual Products, and the colours contained on the site should not be relied on as such. Colours may vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
7.3 We recommend that you use a colour tester on the actual surface to be painted before undertaking your decoration. This will give you a stronger indication of the appearance of the actual colour, which can be affected by the substrate and the texture of the surface, or by soft furnishings and the shape, size and lighting of the room. Please note that colour testers indicate the colour of the product only, and are not representative of the quality or sheen of the eventual product purchased.
7.4 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the site.
7.5 All Products on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the Products ordered are not available and we will not be able process any orders. If you have already paid for the Product, we will refund you as soon as reasonably possible.
For details of delivery of the Products purchased please see our Delivery and Returns Policy
Please note, unfortunately we cannot deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or to addresses outside the Republic of Ireland. Please see your dispatch confirmation for estimated delivery date
9. Returns and Cancellations
You may return any Products purchased from our site or cancel a Contract in accordance with the terms set out in our Delivery and Returns Policy
10.1The prices of the Products will be quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of the Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 10.5.
10.2 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
10.3 The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in Ireland for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
10.4 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. Please see the Delivery section.
10.5 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered, we will attempt to inform you of this error and give the option of continuing to purchase the Products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products at the incorrect (lower) price.
11.1 You can only pay for the Products using a PayPal account, debit or credit card.
11.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
12. Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- a. changes in how payment is accepted;
- b. changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- c. any other reasonable circumstance from time to time.
Each time you place an order for Products, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 12, we will give notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
13. Liability (to businesses)
13.1 Our liability if you are a business (this clause only applies if you are a business customer)
We only supply the Products for use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude our liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c. breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 (title and quiet possession); or
- d. defective products under the Liability for Defective Products Act 1991; or
- e. any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
13.2 Subject to clause 13.1, we will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- a. any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- b. loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- c. loss of business opportunity;
- d. loss of anticipated savings;
- e. loss of goodwill; or
- f. any indirect or consequential loss.
13.3 Subject to clause 13.1 and clause 13.2, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed three times the price of the Products purchased.
13. 4 Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute (including under the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980), common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
14. Liability (to consumers)- IMPORTANT YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO THIS SECTION
14.1 Our liability if you are a consumer (this clause only applies if you are a consumer)
14.2 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
14.3 We only supply the Products to consumers for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c. any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 (title and quiet possession);
- d. any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 (description, merchantability, fitness for purpose and samples);
-e. any breach of the terms of the Liability for Defective Products Act 1991;
- f. any breach of the terms of the Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014; or
- g. any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
15. Events Outside Our Control
15.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 15.2.
15.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, public health emergency or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
15.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- a. we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- b. our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
16. Communications between us
16.1 When we refer, in these Terms to “in writing”, this will include email.
16.2 If you are a consumer:
a. To cancel a Contract in accordance (including under the Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights Regulations 2013 (See our Delivery and Returns Policy), you should contact the Dulux Customer Care centre by email notification of cancellation to email@example.com. Cancellation of a Contract is effective from the date of the phone call or when the e-mail is sent. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
b. If you wish to contact us in writing for any other reason, you can send this to us by email or by prepaid post to Dulux Paints Ireland Commons Road, Cork, Ireland, T23 ET21.
16.3 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
16.4 If you are a business, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the services of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
17.1 The Contract is personal to you and you may not transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent. The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have rights to enforce any of its terms.
17.2 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
17.3 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
17.4 These Terms are governed by Irish law. This means that the Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by Irish law. You and we both agree that the courts of Ireland will have exclusive jurisdction over any claims arising out of or in connection with the subject matter or formation of the Contract.
17.5 The following is a link to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform which is dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court: http://ec.europa.eu/odr
17.6 We own any and all intellectual property rights that exist in the Products including but not limited to any copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents, trade secrets, rights in databases, moral rights, goodwill, rights to sue for passing off, rights in information whether registered and unregistered and any other rights of similar nature or having equivalent effect or any forms of protection that subsist or will subsist in the Products now or in future in any part of the world. You agree that these rights may not be used or exploited in any way without our explicit written consent.
17.7 These Terms and any documents referred to in them and any specification provided by us to you constitute the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these Terms or any document referred to in them.
18.1 Only one Discount Code can be applied per transaction.
18.2 Discount Codes have no monetary value and there is no cash alternative; they may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable.
18.3 Discount Codes may have restrictions on where they may be applied (e.g dulux.ie, online, in-store) and how they may be applied (e.g products, services) - please check the terms & conditions communicated with your Discount Code before use.
18.4 The validity period of Discount Codes will vary – please refer to terms & conditions communicated with your Discount Code to check validity dates.
18.5 The value of Discount Codes may vary – please check the details communicated with your Code. Dulux Paints Ireland reserves the right to amend or withdraw a Discount Code, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice.
18.6 Discount Codes are applied to the Order Total (inclusive of Tax and delivery).
18.7 Where Discount Codes have a fixed monetary value, no change is given where the value of the Code exceeds the value of the order to which it is applied.
18.8 Discount Code use is subject to availability; standard terms & conditions of sale apply.
18.9 Dulux Paints Ireland reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any Participant from using a Discount Code or withhold the Discount Code, where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
18.10 Discount Codes are governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Re-engagement Terms & Conditions
Free Roller Tester
The code included in the email is limited to 100 uses, and capped at 1 use per email address. The code gives consumers free delivery and a free tester, valid for the Dulux Roller Tester and MODA Roller Tester products.
€50 Dulux Voucher Giveaway
To be able to be entered into the giveaway, the survey must be completed, and then you will be entered into a prize draw with 10 winners selected at random winning the voucher. The winners will be contacted via email to confirm their postal addresses.
To receive the prize, the winner will need to provide a UK address, phone number and email address which will be used by AkzoNobel for the sole purpose of fulfilling the prize. If the winner fails to provide their contact details within 14 days of initial contact from AkzoNobel, the prize will be offered to the next chosen winner.
AkzoNobel reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any participants in this Competition or withhold any prize where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
AkzoNobel’s decision on all matters relating to the prize draw is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
AkzoNobel reserves the right to amend or withdraw this Competition in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice. AkzoNobel reserves the right to substitute these prizes for prizes of equal or greater value if necessary in its opinion. AkzoNobel reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AkzoNobel excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any participant in connection with this free prize draw competition. This shall not be deemed to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of AkzoNobel or its employees or agents.
Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
Clicking on the survey link will not automatically keep you in the database and you will be given the choice to opt of marketing in the survey.
The personal information received for the purpose of the survey will not be used in any marketing communications.
This promotion is governed by Irish law. This promotion is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. The promoter is Dulux Paints Ireland Limited, Trading as Dulux Paints Ireland AkzoNobel, with a registered address at Dulux Paints Ireland, Shandon Works, Commons Road, Cork, T23 ET21.